CABARRUS COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Located on the campus of Atrium Health Cabarrus, Cabarrus College of Health Sciences focuses on health sciences education and offers master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees as well as diplomas, certificates and continuing education on a non-residential campus. The Cabarrus College of Health Sciences was a $9.3 million community campaign built solely by community support.
Courses are offered in a traditional on-campus setting and through distance education. Highly regarded in the healthcare community, Cabarrus College of Health Sciences offers small class sizes and personal attention to make its students successful in the workplace. It is a member of the North Carolina Independent Colleges & Universities organization.
Find out more information about Cabarrus College of Health Sciences at http://www.cabarruscollege.edu/
- 1942 – 16 students entered the first nursing program
- 1963 – Awarded accreditation by the National League for Nursing
- 1973 – Became the first two-year hospital-based diploma program in NC
- 1996 – Renamed the Cabarrus College of Health Sciences as it continued to receive new accreditations
- 2004 – Partnered with Atrium Health Cabarrus and the NorthEast Foundation to fund and build the new college facility
- Today – Offers Health Professional programs from a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy to diplomas in Surgical Technology
YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS HAVE FUNDED:
- Scholarships for students
- New master’s, bachelor’s and associate degree programs
- 32 faculty iPads for classroom instruction
- The Classroom Modernization Project
- To modernize the existing classrooms on the second floor to provide a comfortable, modern, flexible, and easy-to-use teaching-learning environment that accommodates a variety of innovative teaching methods, including a flipped classroom
- To expand classroom capacity
Atrium Health Cabarrus relies on philanthropic support from people like you to continue to bring the very best healthcare has to offer to those we serve each day. A gift to Cabarrus College of Health Sciences can make a tremendous impact on the health of our community. All donations to NorthEast Foundation, the charitable 501(c)(3) fundraising arm of Atrium Health Cabarrus, are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.